ART & CULTURE
La Maison Blanche Resort – Résidence Hôtel *** located between Cannes and Nice,in Juan-les-Pins, will be the perfect spot to start a journey for those who want to visit the french riviera.
Besides the Jazz festival, it is also a multitude of cultural and artistic places to be discovered during your stay, without forgetting the strolls of charm in the alleys of ramparts or along the paths of the Cap d’Antibes.
Discover what we selected for you to visit in town
- Le Gallice Harbour surround Juan-les-Pins coast.
- La Pinède Gould where Ray Charles and Miles Davis began their European debut, their marks are everywhere…
- Divers « art déco » buildings.
- The Famous beaches
- The Exflora garden Offers you the freshness of 330 divers plants.
- the small Salis harbour
- “Le chemin du Calvaire” Lead to the sanctuary of la Garoupe by the “Way of the Cross”. The chapel of la Garoupe is set up there, whose nave is papered with essentially marine ex-voto. On the plateau, a viewpoint indicator allows to understand better the magnificent point of view where the look embraces. Close by, the small oratory of ” Notre-Dame of the Lovers protecting foyers “, created by raymond Peynet and the lighthouse of la Garoupe.
- “La baie de la Garoupe”,its beaches and the pedestrian path.
- The magnificient villas with their luxurious garden .
villa Eilenroc, Built on Charles Garnier’s plans, with its gardens, its rose garden and its olive grove.
Cap-Eden Roc hotel is one of the most luxurious hotel in the world.
The Thuret’ garden , build in 1856, by Gustave Thuret.
- Le Bastion Saint-André , Small game of narrow alleys where the sun plays with foliage.
- Le Marché provençal du cours Masséna Displayevery morning its rich stalls, festival of scents and accent.
- La chapelle Saint-Bernardin Built in 1513, recently renovated, the fountain of Fontvieille or called the door of France, which marked the border of the old town before ramparts were destroyed.
- Le Musée Peynet et du dessin humoristique. At the heart of the old town, the museum suggests discovering Raymond Peynet’s works, creator of the famous Lovers, but also, since 1995, creations of humorous draftsmen by presenting exhibitions dedicated, among others, to Plantu, Dubout, Blachon, Mordillo, Piem …
- Le port Vauban, the oldest harbour,and le quai Camille Rayon Where the most luxurious ships of the world are alongside the quay, possible access at times at the top of ramparts and to the Bastion St Jaume where overhangs the “Nomad” of Jaume Plensa.
- The ramparts which follow the old covered way. It is the oldest part of Antibes, rich in three thousand years of history, the Place of Révély, the Chapel of the Holy Spirit, Jacques Audiberti’s native house, the Cathedral, Tours” sarrazines ” and the classic art Castle Grimaldi, become Picasso museum.
- The marine door which was during centuries, when ramparts surrounded Antibes, the only one opening on the harbour. The Curtain situated along the boulevard of Aguillon, the one reunite the most led by Antibes and the space of exhibition of “Public baths”, installed in the old bunkers.
- The fountain of Tourraque and the old wash house, The gate of the Elm,with his rests of Greco-Roman surrounding by wall and the museum of the ” Arts and popular traditions “.
- Le Fort-Carré. Located on the peninsula Saint Roch, the Fort is built on a rock peaking at 26 meters over the sea level. Its covered way amounts to 43 meters and offers a panoramic view to 360 degrees. The Fort is surrounded with a park protected from 4 hectares in the typically Mediterranean flora and fauna.
Divers shows represented, it can be musicals, theater, dance, opera, music and one man show. A lot of talented person, known and unknown will seduced you during their shows.
260 avenue Jules Grec
Telephone: 04 83 76 13 13
E-Mail: [email protected]
Antibes and the neighbor towns owns a lot of museums and art galeries.
→ Website of museums of the French Riviera
Museum : Fernand Léger
More than 450 art pieces by Fernand Leger, from 1905 to 1955.
Site du Musée
Museum : Picasso
Picasso museum is located in the Grimaldi castle in the old town of Antibes.
You can find approximately 245 art pieces of him but also art pieces by Nicolas de Staël, Fernand Léger ou Hans Hartung, des gravures de Paul Leuquet and sculptures by Germaine Richier and Joan Miró.
Site du Musée
Build by Vauban in 1698, the “Bastion Saint-André” is composed of two art galeries. The building is registered on the Additional Inventory of Historic monuments since 1930. The history of the Collection begins in the XVth century with the discovery and the publication of several Gallo-Roman registrations of which the stele of the child North.
Site du Musée